Visa Information

Visa Information

When an overseas applicant wishes to move to the UK to board at Brookes, they should determine what kind of entry visa, if any, is required by UKVI (United Kingdom Visas and Immigration). Normally the type of visa is classified as Tier 4 and this is available to students aged from 4 to 17 years of age. Brookes is a Tier 4 Licence holder, approved by UKVI and is able to support student entry through the issue of a CAS (Certificate of Acceptance for Study). An electronic copy of the CAS should be submitted by the student when applying for a Tier 4 visa at the British Embassy in their home country.

To issue a CAS the school requires certain information in advance:

  • Copy of passport page with date and country of birth 
  • School reports and transcripts
  • Evidence of payments made for tuition and boarding for at least one term and preferably for the full school year. This satisfies the UKVI that sufficient funds are available to support continuous study.

There is a cost charged to the school for issuance of the CAS and this is covered by the school registration/application fee. The CAS has a fixed time period to be used to support a visa application and it is not transferable. In some cases the UKVI will determine that a student may be issued with a Biometric Residence Permit and that is normally collected from a designated Post Office in the UK after entry.

For further information go to: